Sunday, September 11, 2011

Getting to Know Other Writers

As a class, we discussed the importance of getting to know each other as part of a writing community. We talked about how this helps us create a safe writing environment where we feel safe enough to share our writing, make suggestions, ask for feedback, learn from each other, and take risks in our writing. Although we spent time sharing our "I Am" poems and introducing each other in class, that's a lot of people to remember in a short amount of time! To help us remember you better, EITHER 1.) post your "I Am" poem  OR 2.) post 3 interesting facts (complete sentences) about yourself from your "I Am" poster.

21 comments:

  1. I Am the sunset rising because I'm bright and beautiful
    I Am a neon sock because I stand out
    I Am the moon rocking because I sleep soundly through the night
    I Am a bowl of sugar because I'm very sweet
    I Am a megaphone because I'm very loud
    I Am a shopping cart because I load myself up with things I want to buy
    I Am orange, black, and white because I am a cougar
    I Am Hannah because that's who I am!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are three interesting facts about me.
    1. I have two sisters and a brother.
    2. I like to quilt.
    3. I have two dogs named Tannenbaum and Lorelai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! These are three fun facts about me!

    1.I have one dog named Fozzie!
    2.I have one brother and one sister!
    3.I take four kinds of dance: Tap, Jazz, Ballet, and Hip-Hop!
    Bye!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three fun facts about me!

    1. I have one dog named Maggie.
    2. I have one little sister.
    3. I love to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three fun facts about me!

    1. I love to swim.
    2. I have a rabbit named Mrs. White.
    3. I'm from Mexico.

    Adios amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here are three interesting facts about me!

    1.I have 20 pets, 5 dogs, 14 chickens, and 1 cat.
    2.I am an only child.
    3.I love to hang with my family and my friends.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 facts about me!

    1.I have one sister

    2.I like to swim.

    3.I love to play baseball.

    see ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here are three interesting facts about me!

    1. I have eight pets.
    2. I have two older sisters.
    3. I play the guitar and love to go bowling!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I have two little brothers.

    2. I like to play Black Ops.

    3.I love to get on roller coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi here are some interesting facts about me!
    1. I play piano!
    2. I love babies especially when their chubby cheeks are laughing!
    3.I love to go camping and spend time with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! Here are 3 interesting facts about me.

    1. I like to ride bike.
    2. I have a cat named Shadow.
    3. I have an older sister.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here are three interesting fact about me!!
    1. I have 2 gerbals, 2 dogs, 1 guinea pig,and three fish.
    2. I have two sisters and one brother and I'm the oldest.
    3. I love the color lime green because It's bright and pretty like me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! theres are the fun facts about my.
    I tack hip-pop.
    I love to hang out with my frends.
    I like to play xbox.
    My favorite color is blue because i am sweet to people.
    I love to play with my dogs zander and dnoley.

    ReplyDelete
  14. here are 3 things about me
    1 i have 3 sisters
    2i love to swime
    3i am a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is not a whole lot you need to know about me!! But here's some...
    1. I have a little golden puppy named Saban.
    2. I love to text!!!
    3. I do 5 sports. (field hockey, soccer,softball, basketball, and I dance)

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1. I have 1 dog, 3 cats, and 14 fish.

    2. My favorite singer (in the whole wide world) is Jason Aldean.

    3. My favorite thing to do is going mudding with my dirt bike!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. I have two dogs and one cat.

    2. I have a younger sister named Lyric.

    3. My favorite thing to do is go fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1.I have three pets a chocolatelab named dalton,a guineapig named joe,and a bunny named kippers!
    2.My favorite color is limegreen because I think it is a pretty color.
    3.I have two brothers and two sisters,plus I am the oldest!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 1 I have a cat named mousse and he is really fury

    2 I have a older brother named Slade and sometimes he is nice to me

    3 I have a fish tank that is my responsibility

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! Here are some things I think you should know about me...

    I am very shy.

    I love to read.

    I play soccer

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are three interesting facts about me.
    1:I love sports my favorite football team is the Eagles.
    2:I love playing and hanging out with my three year old brother.
    3:I play the clarinet I've been playing for three years.

    ReplyDelete