Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Persuasive Writing Schema


You have been taught persuasive writing in several grades in elementary school. What do you remember about what you learned? How is persuasive writing structured? What do you need to include in a persuasive piece? When might you use persuasive writing? What are some strategies that persuasive writers use? What examples of persuasive writing have you read? What do you forget about persuasive writing?

Directions:
1. In 5-7 sentences, respond to what you learned about persuasive writing previously using the questions above as a guide.
2. In 1-2 sentences, respond to what you would like to learn about persuasive writing this year.

3 comments:

  1. I learned that you need to use a good beginning to catch the readers attention. So you want to get the reader interested in what you want to persuaded them. Also you need to be specific.
    I also learned that you want to be positive. So you don't want tell your audience about the cons you want to tell them about the pros.

    I would like to learn about some of those specific and persuasive words to catch the readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s important to remember that in persuasive writing you need to give reasons for why you think something is necessary. It’s like an argument that is polite, showing facts and examples of why you need, want something or think a certain way about something.
    Often persuasive writing needs you to do research about a topic or problem. It’s because you should understand who you are writing to and why. Try to show good evidence of the thing you wish to prove, so it’s important to have proof ready.
    This year I think that it might be a good idea to learn how to do more research. This will help us in persuasive writing and all other subjects too. How unfair it would be to begin the 7th grade and obviously not know how to write. This would cause embarrassment and I hope you will think about what I have asked. (I tried to answer the question like I would if I were writing a paper and needed to persuade you).

    ReplyDelete
  3. In other grades, I learned that you have to have a good "hook", or beginning to your story. Also, you need to pick a strong topic. Next, I learned that you have to do research to get good, strong details. You have to pick a topic that is arguable from both side. For example, uniforms in public schools is a huge debate right now, and people can argue to both sides. Lastly, you have to be specific or nobody will have any idea what you're talking about.
    This year, I would like to learn about how to choose a good topic.
    Bye!!!:D

    ReplyDelete