Welcome to the Writing Blog! Here you can catch up on missed minilessons or review what you learned in writing class. Your homework for writing will be to respond to one post per week. For some of the posts, you will be given options in regard to how you respond. Remember to read the post carefully and follow all directions.
Monday, October 3, 2011
Personal Narrative Writing Ideas
Today, we read The Wall. Last Friday we read The Memory String. Last Wednesday, we read Up North at the Cabin. Through reading these texts, we learned that we can generate personal narrative writing ideas related to small moments in a special place, small moments surrounding an important object, or small moments with a special person.
DIRECTIONS:
1. List one writing idea from each of these categories (that means you'll list 3 ideas total) that you wrote in your writing idea chart in your composition book.
2. Give a more detailed description/summary of one of these personal narrative ideas that you plan on writing first (or already started writing).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1. For Up North at the Cabin, for my idea for me is when I go on vacation with my grandparents to the Ocean City maryland beach.
ReplyDelete2. for the memory string I put down that i have lots of pictures of my cousin and a shirt of his for memories of him.
3. For The Wall I said that one of the little special memories is when my family caame together on the night of my cousins death and comforted eachother.
My Summary
The idea that i picked is the night all of my family came together and greeved. It wasn't a nice moment because of the loss of my cousin but of everyone sharing the moment and comfroting my Uncle because of his only child dieing. That was my idea that I picked
1. For Up North at The Cabin a special place of mine is at my grandparent's house in Mexico at the time of Christmas
ReplyDelete2. For The Memory String I have a pink little blanket that has a puppy on it.
3. For The Wall I went to New York and went to a tennis tournament in New York.
Summary
I'm going to pick when I went to New York to see the Tennis tounament because my mom and I got really close seats and I couldn't believe it for a couple days.
1. For Up North at the Cabin a special place is my Grandparent's house.
ReplyDelete2. For the Memory String I have a special stuffed animal that I have had for a long time.
3. For the wall I am going to do the time I went to see a play in Washington D.C. with my Dad.
Summary:
I am going to pick the time I went to Wahington D.C. with my Dad in Washington D.C. because It was a small and special time and because I remeber a lot of details about it.
1. Up North at the cabin made me think about the time went to Chincoteague for the first time.
ReplyDelete2. The memory string made me think of all the money my Grandma gave me before she died. She used to giveme a dollar every time i'd visit her.
3. The Wall Really made me think about when my dad came back from Iraq.
Summary:
I Picked the time my dad came back from Iraq. Its one of the best things I could write about, and that moment meant alot to me.
test
ReplyDeleteA small moment i had in a special place is at my friends houes for the first time and her name is Devon. A small moment i had with my dads pichera well he is in jall i was so happy to see his faci for the frst time sice i was a baby:(. A small moment is when i am with my mom going sopping.
ReplyDelete1.A small moment I had in a special place is the Jason Aldean concert with my dad.
ReplyDelete2.A small moment I had that involved an important object is when my grandpa gave me an old rc car.It was really fast.Then it hit my foot my foot got swollen it hurt.
3.A small moment I had with a special person is walking my little sister home from school.
1A small moment with a object would be when i got my game boy from my uncle.
ReplyDelete2A small moment with a person would be with my dad at the pond. It wss cool catching the five big sunnies i was really happy.It was really fun to see how big the fish are.
3A small moment in a cool place would be at the beach playing with friends.
1. A small moment I had in a special place is at the pool relaxing.
ReplyDelete2. A small moment I had that involved an important object is when I caught my first fish.Where I caught my first fish is at Memorial Lake.
3. A small moment I had with a special person is when I went fishing with my friend.
A small moment I had at a special place was at the arcade at the camp with my family. I saw Cody there and we won a lot of ticets.
ReplyDeleteA small moment I had that involved an important object. Was when my family made a camp fire at the camp.It was very fun.
A small moment I had with a special person is when me and my grandpa cray fished.
A small moment i had in a special place is when i went to a lake in Minnesota.
ReplyDeleteA small moment i had that involved an important object is when i found seashells at the beach.
A small moment i had with a special person is when my baby cousin was born.
SUMMARY
I was at the hospital and i heard push it was a girl we named it Christalyn.I held her she almost made me in tears.
A small moment I had with a special person is my dad because he makes me happy.
ReplyDeleteA small moment I had that involved an important object is when is my friends come over to pay xbox.
A small moment I had that in a special place is the base ball field because i pitched my first game.I love to play base ball.my team is Klick Luis.
1. The Wall Remided me of my grandma when we used to sleep over her house.
ReplyDelete2. Up North At The Cabin reminded me of summer because every year we go to Sea Isle City at the beach.
3. The Memory String remids me of the fish stuffed animal that I gave to my grandma. After she died I took it back and kept it as a memory.
The story that I am going to write about is the time I slept over my grandma's house. My brother, sister, and I went to my grandma's house to sleep over.My grandma loved to be around us and so did we. My grandma put a big bowl of pretzels in the middle of the table. We used to watch movies when we always slept over. My grandma passed away and I miss her so much. I wish we could still share that special moment.
1. A small moment with a person would be checking in to Hotel Hershey with my mom.
ReplyDelete2. A small moment with an object, is when I camped with my family in my backyard, by my special rock. (It's my thinking rock)
3. A very special place for me was at the hospital, when I was five and Bethe, my Godchild was born. I held her and loved her right away.
A time that I remember that was really fun, was my birthday party at home, with 5 other girls sleeping over. We had a cool tea party, watched movies and played American Girl dolls. We also put on a mystery play about Molly, an American Girl.
1. I have a similar connection to The Wall. My granpa died before I was born.
ReplyDelete2. A small moment I had was when i started karate.
3. Another small moment I had was when my cousin was born.The day went really fast.
( I forgot to do the second direction)
ReplyDeleteIn my story, I am going to write about how I got in trouble that day and why.I am also going th write about going to my other cousin house while my uncle went to the hospital.
For Up North At The Cabin, I thought of when I went parasailing.For The Memory String I did my little metal box my grampal made for me. For The Wall, I did my grampal because he always wanted me to help him with his farm and he always gave me little farm gifts till he died.
ReplyDeleteSummary:
I am going to pick going parasailing to write about in my writing piece because it felt like a once in a life time experience and I have a lot of memorys of parasailing.