Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Midyear Reflection


We’re approaching the conclusion of our persuasive writing unit and also the end of the second marking period. Take the time to sit and reflect on how your writing has grown so far this school year, what goals you’ve achieved, and what goals you want to continue to work on.

Directions:
1. In one to two sentences, identify how your writing has grown OR what goal you have achieved. (Example wording: “In the beginning of the year, I… Now that it’s the second half of the year, I…”)
2. In one to two sentences, set a goal that you would like to achieve during the second half of the year. (Example wording: “In the second half of the school year, I would like to continue to work on…”)

12 comments:

  1. In the beginning of the year, I wanted to work on masking my writing more descriptive. In the second half of the school year, I would like to continue to work on making my writing flow easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the beginning of the year, I wanted to work on not repeating words in my writing pieces. In the second half of the year I wanted to work on getting the readers attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the beginnging of the year,I beat my goal is to writing over two hunder words.

    Now that is's the second half of the year,I have a gole is to have a good grad in writing.

    In the second half of the year,I would like to work on spelling.I would like to make mt vocad better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in the beginning of the year,i wasn't so good at persuasive writing
    now its the seaconed half of the year i have in proved on persuasive writing allotted.

    in the second half of the year i what to work on legible writing and longer sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the beginning of the year,I was working on adding commas.
    Now that its the second half of the year,I am working on adding details to my stories and thinking what to write about.
    In the second half of the school year,I would like to continue to work on adding more details to my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. in the beginning of the year,I had better sentences. Now that it's the second half of the year, I had better spelling. In the second half of the school year, I would like to continue to work onn having better vocabulary choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the beginning of the year I could not come up with as much ideas.Now that it's the second half of the year,I am getting better at it.In the second half of the year,I would like to work on getting really good at coming up with ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the beginning of the year,I was more focused on what i was doing.Now that it's the second half of the year,I have losing some focus. In the second half of the school year, I would like to continue to work on getting that focus back up to me. With my focuses strong my writing will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the beginging of the school year, I was more fouced on getting good ideas.And that was all I really was thinking about what idea I was going to write about next.
    Now that it's the second hale of the year I want to be more fouced on the things i'm writing about instead, of the ideas to write about.So my new years resoultion is to fouces on more of my pountuation, pharagraphs, and the stuff i'm writing about instead of the ideas to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Everyone!

    In the beginning of the year, I had difficulty with transition words and phrases. However, now that it’s the second half of the year, I believe that I understand their usages better.

    In the second half of the year, I would like to continue to work on paragraph structure, introductions and conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In the beginning of the year, I was having trouble staying on topic. Now that its the second half of the year, I am alot more focused on my topic.

    Int the second half of the year, I am going to continue to work on string word choice.

    ReplyDelete