Friday, January 27, 2012

Poetry


We are just beginning our poetry unit. You may already have some background knowledge about this topic from elementary school, which we can use as a starting point for our unit. In 5-10 sentences, explain what you already know about poetry and/or what experiences you’ve had with poetry. You may include the topic, title, or type of poems written in elementary school.

7 comments:

  1. The thing that I already know about poetry is that there are lots of different kinds of poetry.Some of the different kinds of poetry include free verse, rhyming, and acrostic.Also in poetry, it's a way that you can organize your thoughts or to inform someone.Something else that I already know about poetry is that it can include information or it can be non-fiction.One of the experiences that I have had with poetry is a free verse poem but, I could only use the letter "e" and it was really challenging.Another experience that I have had with poetry was when I had to write a cinquain that only had five stanzas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things that I already know about poetry that are many different types. Most poems rhyme. Some poems I did were acrostic poems. You maybe can use your name. Some of them can be funny.they can be drama.It could be verse poem.It could also be telling you some thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that there are lots of types of poetry. Some are limmeric, acrostic, hiaku, rhyming, and free verse. I also know that poetry can tell a story. It can show emotion/feelings, such as happy, sad, nervous, stressed, etc. Next, poetry can be fiction or non-fiction. Lastly, I know that poetry includes lines and stanzas.
    Bye!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of poetry. There are limerick, concrete, hiaku,free verse.etc. Free verse is the most used. In grade 5 I had to do a project on poetry. We had to write a lot of different poems. One of each kind and more for extra credit. Poetry also shows a story. Poetry is made up of lines and stanzas, it doesn't have to have puncuation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know poems have stanzas. Poems can rhyme, but not all of them. I know hiakus,limericks,free verses,and all sorts of kinds. Poems can be in shapes like a Christmas tree, that is called a shape poem. Poems can be emotional. That's what I learned in elementary school about poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poetry can be a short story. It can rhyme but doesn’t have to. I’ve learned that poetry can show emotion, and create moods. Poems are like people, and snowflakes…there are no two alike. Anyone can write a poem. Poetry is fun because you can let your imagination go anywhere. Many very famous people are poets for example Dr. Seuss, Shel Silverstein, Eric Carle, Emily Dickenson and so many more. There are unusual poems like Zen sayings and haiku. Writings like these give images of many things such as colors, people, and memories. Similes, metaphors and figurative language can be found in poems. I just remembered that some of our famous songs are written by poets, authors and singers/writers, like Taylor Swift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poetry can be a rhyme.I remember a poem that can be a acrostic poem too .I remember a poem that we made a picture with poems .We did a emotional poem and a haiku poem pulse a subject poem. Those are the poems I know.

    ReplyDelete