Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Be Thankful


What were you thankful for this Thanksgiving? 
Identify ONE thing or person you were thankful for this Thanksgiving. Describe this thing or person in at least 5 sentences. Remember that good descriptive writers use sensory and concrete details and strong verbs to describe. Also, they vary their sentence beginnings.

7 comments:

  1. This Thanksgiving, i ate ham.
    The ham tasted salty but not as salty like the ocean.
    It felt slippery.

    It smelled very good better than turkey.

    The knife sliced very slowly and my teeth shredded it.

    It was pinkish reddish with a brown outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Thanksgiving I was thankful for my family like every year.

    1. My family is very kind and nice
    2. My family members are very trustworthy
    3. My folks are very great people
    4. My family is the best family you could have
    5. My residents are very friendly people also.
    I Hope You Had A Wonderful Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Thanksgiving, I was thankful for my family. I'm thankful for my family because they're thoughtful and kind. My family is honest and trustworthy. My parents are always there for me. My sisters are always giving me good advice. I'm very thankful for my family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Thanksgiving, I ate Green Bean Casserole
    Detail 1 When I ate the casserole it was crunchy.
    Detail 2 It was a mountain of green and brown on my plate.
    Detail 3 I saw brown and black edges on the green beans.
    Detail 4 The spoon scooped the casserole
    Detail 5 When I eat the green bean casserole my teeth crunch down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very, very thankful for my family because they are always there for me. They have open ears to listen, and hearts that love me. My family is able to laugh at themselves no matter how ridiculous things seem. They continually try to be optimistic, even when the situation isn’t perfect. As an example, while on a mini vacation, we got lost in Maryland. That was the day my Mom discovered that you really, shouldn’t use Map Quest. I am also very, very thankful to God, for always being there.
    I am also thankful for my favorite “sitting rock”, located in my woods in our backyard. This is where I draw, write or sometimes simply sit and listen to the birds chirp their songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!!
    This Thanksgiving,i was thankful for the food!
    The turkey was dark and light brown...
    The mashed potatoes were as white as the clouds...
    The stuffing was warm and delicious...
    The casserole was hot and steamy..
    and the pumpkin pie was delicious, orange, and topped with a little dollop of whipped cream!!!!
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful for my family.
    1:Because they always cheer me up.
    2:Because they always come to my events and support me.
    3:Because my sister is here to play fun things with me.
    4:Because my mom and dad pay for my shelter, food, and activity's.
    5:Because my family loves me.

    ReplyDelete