Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Descriptive Food Dish

I hope everyone had a delicious Thanksgiving holiday. For your blog this week, identify and describe your favorite Thanksgiving food item/dish in at least 5 sentences. Remember that good descriptive writers use sensory and concrete details and strong verbs to describe. Also, they vary their sentence beginnings.

5 comments:

  1. This Thanksgiving, I ate stuffing. It smelled like bread crumbs and onions. It tasted like the spices it contained like onions. For my strong verb, I did, I scooped a heap of stuffing onto my plate. For my other strong verb I did, The stuffing vanished from the plate it was served on at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Thanksgiving, I ate Ham. Ham is reallyjuicy, sweet and scrumptious. As the ham goes into your mouth your teeth shredit up. As your knifecuts the ham the sweet juice runs out. As you cut your ham your fork stabs it. When you smell the ham, it smells like sweet pinapples and orange juice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Thanksgiving, I ate turkey. On the turkey I had this spicy gravy on it. It tasted very delicious! It smelled like a Thanksgiving feast which contains green beans, turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, ham, and a whole lot more. It tasted like...turkey! It's hard to describe the taste of a turkey, it's very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This thanksgiving, I ate green bean cassiroll.
    It looked like green beans and homefries.
    It smelled like a dog sniffing his bone.
    The smacking of my lips going up and down could be heard.Tasted like juicy green beans and buttery potato's.As I touched the cold hard metal of the fork scooping up all the green beans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lingering in my mind, all day Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving I couldn’t help thinking about wood crackling in the fireplace, and how the aroma of apples and cinnamon would fill our home. My family and I join together, listening to Christmas music while making preparations for the Thanksgiving dinner. Dad makes the stuffing and ‘fixes’ the turkey because Mom doesn’t like to look at it before its cooked. My brother, Mom and I make the pies; apple with crispy crunch topping and thick, creamy pumpkin pies. We always have special vegetables, like cauliflower and broccoli with fresh sautéed mushrooms, and a secret cheese sauce. What do I like best on Thanksgiving? The entire Turkey Eve, Turkey day and the day after, because we start decorating for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete